The BVN, Bank Verification number in full is an 11-digit number that was introduced in Nigeria in other to assist in putting a stop to forms of financial fraud. The Bank Verification Number (BVN) on the other hand serves as an ID in all the banks and financial institutions within the country. So as you can see this is for your own personal banking safety.
Please endeavor to avoid any form of mistake when filling out forms for a new bank account or any forms in general that require your BVN number. Ensure the names, dates of birth, and other details you give correspond with the ones on your BVN.
To change your BVN date of birth, you will be required to provide the following document and information:
- To change BVN date of birth: Come along with your birth certificate
- When you need to change names or other details due to marriage: Go with your Marriage certificate
- To change your name and phone number: Go with your national identity card, voter’s card, or international passport that shows your correct name.
- To change gender: Simply present yourself in your “true colors,” and they will pick the right one for you.
How to Check your BVN number with a Smartphone
Firstly, you need to get a copy of your BVN number by dialing this code *565*0# on any network; MTN, 9Mobile, Airtel, or Glo. This can only be done using the mobile number you registered with. Copy the code and visit any of your Bank branches to check your BVN Date of birth, phone number, and other details.
In other to effect any corrections on your Bank Verification Number (BVN), you will be required to provide the 11-digit BVN code. If you have forgotten your BVN or can’t find where you documented it, no need to worry. You can request your BVN number whenever you require it using your mobile phone. To check your BVN on MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9mobile, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Dial *565*0# using your mobile phone number registered with your account
- Step 2: Wait for a minute, and your Bank verification number (BVN) will be displayed on the screen
- Step 3: Now copy out the 11 digits displayed and save it.
Can I edit my BVN details online?
To protect customer information, this process cannot be done online. To change your BVN name, date of birth, number, and other details, you will need to go to any branch of your bank in which you registered your BVN. The customer service officer in the banking hall will guide you on the procedure to modify your BVN details.
How To Change or Update BVN Details
Changing your BVN or making some corrections to details like name, date of birth, and phone number in all banks in Nigeria might be troubling sometimes.
But to avoid any complications you will be expected to provide the following documents to change, update, or correct the date of birth in BVN for Zenith Bank, GTBank, Access Bank, etc.
- Birth Certificate, If you want to change the date of birth on your BVN.
- Marriage Certificate, To change names and other details due to marriage.
- For a change of names or phone numbers: You will need an international passport or any National ID that is generally acceptable, and must show the correct name.
After you have all the required documents you can simply take them to any of your bank branches and you will be assisted in getting your problems sorted. How to check your BVN date of birth
How to Check BVN for All Banks in Nigeria
This USSD code is not only available for all mobile networks but is also for all banks in Nigeria, to simply get a BVN number all you need to do is dial *565*0# on any network MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, and Airtel in Nigeria, This USSD code to check your BVN number works for the following banks in Nigeria; Access Bank Plc, Ecobank Nigeria Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, First Bank, Sterling Bank Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Heritage Banking Company Ltd, Zenith Bank Plc, Keystone Bank, United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc, Wema Bank Plc, and others.
How to check my BVN Name and Date of Birth Online
The process cannot be done online. To check your BVN Name and Date of Birth, All you need to do is to copy your BVN number by dialing this code *565*0# using the mobile number you registered with.
Copy the code and visit any of the Bank branches to check your BVN Date of birth and other info.
How to link BVN to bank account using USSD codes
- Access Bank BVN: Simply text BVN, your account number, and BVN number to 20121 e.g. BVN 06812345678 22498765432 to 20121 on the phone number associated with your account.
- Eco Bank BVN: Simply dial *565*0# on your registered phone to retrieve your BVN and send a mail to the eco bank official email from their site to link it with your Ecobank account.
- GTBank BVN: Dial *737*20*BVN# on the phone number associated with your account.
- Sterling Bank BVN: Dial *822*3*BVN# on the number registered on your Sterling account.
- UBA BVN: Dial *919*60*BVN# on the mobile number linked to your account to link your BVN.
- Unity Bank BVN: Dial *7799# >> Navigate to BVN Verification on the mobile number linked to your account to link your BVN.
- Zenith Bank BVN: Dial *966*BVN# using the number associated with your account.
You can also link your BVN to your bank using your bank’s official site. To do that, simply login to your internet account, click on the options menu and you will see the option to link your BVN. Please confirm you are on the right and authenticate the site of your bank to prevent scammers from gaining access to your confidential information.
How to change BVN name, date of birth, number, and other details online?
This process can’t be done online, to change BVN name, date of birth, number, and other details, you’ll need to go to a court of competent jurisdiction with a suitable ID card and obtain an affidavit, Publish the same in a national daily/newspaper for a token, buy the paper and forge ahead to the bank, You will be given a BVN correction form to fill alongside a customer information update as the case apply.
How to check BVN name and date of birth online?
The process cannot be done online. To check your BVN Name and Date of Birth, All you need to do is to copy your BVN number by dialing this code *565*0# using the mobile number you registered with, Copy the code and visit any of the Bank branches to check your BVN name and Date of birth.