Track a phone number: how to track a phone number in Nigeria (2023). Learn how to trace and track a stolen mobile phone number in Nigeria and how to find a person’s phone number location in Nigeria. There are many reasons you might need to track someone’s mobile phone number phone. Usually many use a phone tracker to figure out the location of a phone if it has been stolen.
There are various solutions such as the Find My Device app, IMEI tracking app, and more to track your phone that is switched off.
list of the best cell phone spy and tracker apps with GPS location tracking in 2021
- FlexiSpy: Best For Phone Call Interception and Recording
- mSpy: Best For Spying on Text Messages and Social Media Apps
- KidsGuard Pro: Best For Android Monitoring
- Spyic: Best For GPS Location Tracking
- Cocospy: Best For Employee Monitoring
With the guides in this phone tracking article, you can track a phone using Google Maps and even track a smartphone that is switched off.
1. Contact your Network provider to trace or track your phone
One of the very first options in tracking someone with a phone number is by contacting your network service provider – Glo, MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, etc. Several major networks offer phone tracking services and apps. Network service providers store call logs which mean that you can ask some questions about certain calls.
However, for security reasons, network providers will only give you the city and state from where the call was made even if you have fully authenticated your story or reasons for needing this information. You can also tell them to look out for the phone number in case something else comes up.
2. Track phone number and location using Truecaller
Truecaller is one of the greatest and most well-known caller ID apps that allows you to track a person by phone number in Nigeria. The application is also free to use. True caller is also capable of tracking caller locations. True caller is the most updated app on the play store. With True caller, you can also avoid spam calls, and spam SMS, and even block unwanted contacts.
why you should go for Truecaller:
- Accurate and very effective.
- The app comes with smart messaging; you can chat with your family and friends and easily identify unknown numbers.
- It will immediately identify the number and even block the telemarketers who are annoying you.
- Call recording and flash messaging are also available.
- Gold Caller ID and its High Priority Support.
3. Track lost device by using the IMEI number
To track your lost Android phone with the IMEI number, you need to download a third-party IMEI tracking app, such as IMEI Tracker-Find My Device. However, we recommend using this method as your last resort. Google’s Find My Device is usually the best way to find a missing Android phone in Nigeria.
An IMEI number is a 15-number combination that is unique to your phone only. It stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity, and you can find it in the About section of your smartphone settings. Whenever you purchase a new Android, always write down the IMEI and keep it in a safe place, just in case you ever need it.
If your Android phone is ever lost or stolen, and you have no way to get it back, knowing its IMEI number will come in handy. You can report the IMEI number to the authorities in case it ever turns up. Additionally, you can block the number so that no one else can register the phone in the future.
4. How to locate your Android phone with Google’s Find My Device
Find My Device depends on two things being enabled: the feature itself (of course) and Google’s Location Services. In addition, the phone also has to be turned on and signed in to a Google account.
If you want to use Google’s Find My Device, you can check to see if it’s part of your phone’s version of Android.
- Go to Settings > Security and look for Find My Device.
- If the app is listed but is turned off, tap on it and use the toggle to turn it on.
If you don’t have the Google app, but would like to use it instead of the app that your manufacturer has installed — or if you want to use an Android tablet rather than a computer to find your phone or watch — you can go to the Play Store and install Google’s Find My Device app as well.
Next, you can check to see if Location is enabled:
- Go to your phone’s Settings and find Location. It will say right underneath the header whether it’s on or off.
- If it’s off, tap on Location and toggle it on.
- You can also check which apps have access to your location, and which have used it recently. If you want to take this opportunity to fine-tune this setting, tap on “App permission” to tweak location permission settings.
What are the requirements for tracking a mobile phone in Nigeria?
- Know the phone number of the person you want to track.
- Have an internet connection on your phone or laptop – it’s not possible for phone numbers in Nigeria to be tracked without a data connection.
- If you don’t have access to Wi-Fi and are only using your phone plan, make sure that international roaming is turned off so as not to rack up fees.*
- The phone number must have been used before in order for tracking location services to work properly. This means that there should be past cell tower records available for this number within Google Maps’ database.
If this is not the case then no information will show up about where that phone is currently located or has previously been located when being tracked