iMessage Games (2023): How to play iMessage games on your iPhone. Apart from making phone calls, perhaps two of the most popular things to do on our iPhones are texting on iMessage and playing games.
What is the iMessage Game? The iMessage game is an extension that lets you play 24 different multiplayer games, such as Cup Pong, Dots & Boxes, Checkers, Chess, Sea Battle, Four in a Row, and more.
These games are simple and are designed to be played turn-by-turn. You take your turn, you wait for your contact to take a turn, and so on. It’s all conducted entirely through iMessage texts.
How to play iMessage games on your iPhone (2023)
You’ll need internet access, and your friend needs to install the game on their iPhone as well. Here’s how to start playing iMessage games now:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone → Tap on a conversation.
- Now, tap the App Store icon.
- Tap the search box or scroll down and tap See All next to Top Free.
- Download a GamePigeon.
- Swipe and tap the game icon from the bottom row of apps inside the conversation.
- Select a game out of around 24 games. I’m choosing 8 Ball.
- Tap the blue send button. The game will be sent just like a regular massage.
- After that, tap on the game, and you’re ready to play.
- After you play your turn, you have to wait for your friend to play theirs.
- You’ll receive a new message whenever your opponent completes their turn. Tap on the message to start your next turn.
- This is how you can install and play games in iMessage.
Play until the game is over. Some games (such as basketball) only have a few rounds, while others (such as chess) go on for much longer. When a game is over, you’ll have the option to tap “Play Again” from within the game, or you can send a new invitation in the same way you did before.
Best iMessage Games for iPhone and iPad
The iMessage App Store has got a variety of games. From brain-teasers and mini-golf games to super addictive pool games, it has got enough variety to let you pick your favorites.
I have compiled a list of the best iMessage games for iPhone and iPad, which can keep you hooked for hours of fun.
1. Game Pigeon – Unlock a Variety of iMessage Games
Game Pigeon is one of the best titles to download as it contains a variety of different classic games such as 8 ball pool, mini-golf, basketball, cup pong, dots and boxes, word hunt, and more. With so many cool iMessage games vying for attention, you can choose the one that can light up your time – without having to hop from one app to the other.
2. Tic Tac Toe
The best iMessage games are the ones that you can play with utmost ease and that too without sacrificing the competitive aspect. If you are hunting for an evergreen iMessage game that you can play with your buddy for hours without any learning curve, look no further than Tic Tac Toe. It’s one of my go-to picks, and I guess your story won’t be different after a few rounds of play.
3. 8 Ball Pool
8 Ball Pool is the sort of iMessage game that you will fall in love with right from the get-go. Yeah, you read that right! This is undoubtedly the most popular pool game on iOS. Though the gameplay is simple, you will never get tired of playing it. And that’s what makes it a must-try for everyone.
If you want to enhance your vocabulary while indulging in some fun-filled word games with your friends within a chat window, you should give the iMessage game Pictoword a try.
The game has got a ton of brain games with varying levels of difficulty that both kids and adults would enjoy taking on. If you don’t want the game to tease your brain, you can select Easy Mode. And if you wish to try out a few complex games, there is a hard mode for you as well.