OpenAI GPT-4 Guide and Tips. OpenAI made tremendous waves when it launched GPT-4 last night. The next-generation AI language model is a noticeable improvement from its predecessor and is capable of so much more. If you know a thing or two about ChatGPT and its alternatives, you are already aware of what this spells for chatbots and artificial intelligence in general.
This next-gen large language model (LLM) is no longer limited to text but now has vision too, enabling you to input images and query the AI model soon. That said, if you wish to experience GPT-4 on ChatGPT’s website right now, you will have to spend money as the new model is not free to use. So, let us learn how you can get access to GPT-4 today with ease.
How to Use GPT-4 Right Now (2023)
In this article, we have explained two simple methods to get access to GPT-4 right now. You don’t have to wait for any integrations or the API release to experience the new AI model. Before that, let’s quickly talk about what’s new in OpenAI’s GPT-4 model.
OpenAI has played it smart and made GPT-4 available only to ChatGPT Plus subscribers. That means you will need to pay $20 per month to access the latest model from OpenAI. How to get access and use the OpenAI GPT-4:
1. First, head to the ChatGPT website using the link here and log into your existing account. Make a new account if you don’t already have one.
2. Once logged in, you will see the “Upgrade to Plus” option in the bottom left corner. Click on it.
3. Next, in the pop-up that opens, click the green “Upgrade plan” button under ChatGPT Plus. As mentioned here, ChatGPT gets you priority access to new features, and rightfully so, with GPT-4.
4. On the next page, you need to enter your payment details and billing address in the right pane. Once you have entered the details, click the “Subscribe” button.
Note: Unfortunately, users are unable to complete payments on the OpenAI website to get ChatGPT Plus in India. As per multiple social media posts, all credit/debit cards – be it Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc. – are failing. We hope OpenAI acknowledges the issue and allows Indian users to use ChatGPT Plus in India.
5. After your payment is complete, you will successfully become a ChatGPT+ subscriber. You can now use the new GPT-4 model and other older AI models with ease. From the drop-down menu on your screen, select “GPT-4” to get started.
6. You can now input your queries in the text box on the right pane and interact with the more powerful and responsive GPT-4-powered ChatGPT chatbot.
Possible Applications of GPT-4?
While GPT-4’s multimodal application is not possible by users yet, OpenAI has already teamed with Be My Eyes, an app meant for the visually impaired. GPT-4’s inclusion in the app enables you to take a picture of what you’re looking at and the AI will describe exactly what’s on the screen, including dresses, plants, machines in a gym, reading maps, and much more.
GPT-4 has also partnered up with other apps like Duolingo, Khan Academy for intelligent learning, and even the government of Iceland for language preservation. While GPT-4’s API is currently available on a waitlist basis, we can expect developers to come out with amazing experiences once it is finally released. Even before that happens, the applications above are already live for people to use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is GPT-4 coming to ChatGPT?
GPT-4 is indeed already coming to ChatGPT. As mentioned above, the new model is already live for ChatGPT Plus subscribers. If you are signed in, all you need to do is select the correct model and begin chatting. You can also follow our link above on how to go about getting ChatGPT Plus if you haven’t already.
2. Will GPT-4 Be Free to Use?
As of now, GPT-4 is unfortunately not free to use. It requires a ChatGPT Plus subscription, which costs $20 per month. But, OpenAI has stated that it hopes to offer free GPT-4 queries to everyone at some point. The company could also introduce a new subscription tier to deliver improved access to new AI language models like GPT-4.
3. Can I Fully Rely on GPT-4?
No, you cannot rely on GPT-4 as a full measure. The new model still suffers from some limitations, including an old dataset and occasional hallucinations. The model can also confidently give wrong answers, which while not ill-intended, can still be malicious. While GPT-4 does indeed have improved compared to GPT 3.5, it still has its share of problems. So if you end up using the newest model, use proper human judgment alongside it.
4. What is GPT-4’s Dataset size?
While a lot of rumors were going around regarding GPT-4 having 100 trillion parameters as opposed to GPT-3’s 175 billion, that is most likely false. In an interview with StriclyVC, OpenAI CEO Sam Altman stated indirectly stated that won’t be the case and the “GPT-4 rumor mill is a ridiculous thing.”
Perhaps for this reason, OpenAI has tempered expectations when it comes to GPT-4’s dataset size and has not provided an exact number. Time will tell if it is actually revealed. Nonetheless, we believe it should perform quite well given in its initial demonstration.
5. How has GPT-4 been trained?
Like its previous language models, GPT-4’s base model has been trained to predict the next word in a document. As such the data used is a combination of publicly available data and OpenAI’s own licensed data.
This data contains a mixture of correct and incorrect information, weak and strong reasoning, self-contradictory statements, and various other ideas. This gives GPT-4 a wide level of data to parse from and recognize what’s being asked of it.