How to fix ‘this item isn’t available in your country’. In this article, we will guide you on the easy steps on how to install Android apps in Google Play Store that are not available in your country.
Have tried to download an app or mobile game only to realize it’s not available in your country? There are several apps on Android that are geo-restricted. Be it Tidal for music or TikTok for short videos.
This can be pretty infuriating because there are many great apps not available in all countries. So, you must be wondering if there’s a way on Android to install apps not available in your region. Well, on Android, there’s always a way. And in this article, we bring the best and easiest way that you can use to install Android apps that are not available in your country.
Different methods to install Android apps not available in your country:
- Download Apps from Google Play Store using VPN
- Download and install APK files from secure websites or third-party app stores
Install Android Apps not available in your country from Google Play Store using VPN
The regular VPN method no longer works on the Play Store. And that’s why we are taking a different approach to install apps that are not available in your region.
Once you move to the US Play Store, you will be locked in for one year. And that’s precisely why I have recommended using a secondary account so that you don’t lose your active subscriptions, payment methods, family-sharing benefits, and more on your primary Google account.
- First of all, create a secondary Google account without using a VPN. To do so, tap on Settings -> Google -> Tap on your current email address. Here, choose “Add another account”.
- At the bottom-left corner, tap on “Create account” and follow the on-screen instructions. Finally, the account will be created and added to the Google Play Store.
- After that, open a VPN of your choice and connect to a US server.
- Once connected, open the Google Play Store and tap on the hamburger menu in the top-left corner.
- Tap on the new top-right icon to switch to the new account on the Play Store.
- After switching to the new account on the Play Store, open the hamburger menu again and go to “Account”.
- There, you will find “Switch to the United States Play Store” and underneath an option to add a credit or debit card. Tap on it.
- After doing so, tap on “Continue” to add a credit or debit card. You can add a domestic card if you want or just cancel the prompt straight away. In any case, you will be moved to the US Play Store. However, keep in mind, it might take 48 hours to switch the region.
- To confirm if you have moved permanently, go to the “Account” section again and check if it shows “Switch to Nigeria/Your Region Play Store”. If so, you have switched successfully.
Download and install APK files from secure websites or third-party app stores
While the Google Play Store is the default app store on Android, there are other third-party app stores you can use to install apps. These app stores come in handy to install apps unavailable in your country. Here’s how you can use a third-party app store like Aptoide, F-Droid, Evozi, and APKMirror to download location-restricted apps.
Aptoide is by far the best Google Play Store alternative that runs on the Android operating system. Moreover, it’s compatible even with the latest version of Android devices. You can use Aptoide to download & install apps that are not available on the Google Play Store. It has almost all popular apps and games available on the Google Play Store. You will also often find premium apps and games available on Aptoide at a discounted price or free. Overall, Aptoide is a great app store for downloading apps on Android not available in your country.
F-Droid is a third-party app store for Android that provides apps and games. It’s basically an app store client for Android that’s pretty easy to use. The app installs like an App Store on your smartphone, allowing you to search, install, and update the Android app and games. The app is entirely free to download & use; make sure to install the latest version.
APKMirror is one of the most popular and easiest ways to install Android apps that are not available in your country. Similar to Play Store, it allows developers to upload their APK packages directly on its platforms. And APKMirror scans all the APKs for security checks using signature verification, cryptographic signatures for new versions of existing apps, MD5 checksum, and other protocols. Be assured, you will get secure and up-to-date Android APKs on APKMirror.
If the above method is too cumbersome for you then you can use Evozi. It’s a website where you can just paste a Play Store link and it will extract the APK for you. Yes, it’s that simple. So go ahead and search for the app on Google and copy its link. Further, paste it into the Evozi box and it will generate the download link. On the security side of things, it fetches the APKs directly from the Play Store so there is no third-party interference with the packages.
Amazon Appstore is an underrated app, but it’s still one of the best options for downloading apps & games not available on the Google Play Store. The app store from Amazon is not available in the Google Play Store; hence, you need to install it from the Amazon website. Once installed, you can log in with your Amazon account and install Android apps not available in your country.