Student Partners represent a global network of enthusiastic on-campus ambassadors who are dedicated to assisting their peers, taking leadership roles within their local tech communities, and cultivating both technical and career proficiencies for the future.
The MLSA (Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador) program plays a vital role in enhancing students’ employability by providing training in high-paying digital skills that typically go beyond what is taught in traditional academic settings, including comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft technologies.
It’s important to note that this program welcomes applicants from all corners of the world, spanning countries such as India, Nigeria, Pakistan, and more. However, students in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Russia, Belarus, and the Region of Crimea are not eligible for the Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors program.
In this article, we will guide you through the entire application process and outline the requirements for aspiring MLSAs. So, let’s embark on this exciting journey together.
To be eligible for the MLSA program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age Requirement: You must be at least 16 years old at the time of application.
- Full-Time Enrollment: You need to be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited academic institution.
- Individual Status: Only individual persons can apply for the program. Corporate entities are not eligible.
- Non-Microsoft Affiliation: You should not be a current Microsoft employee or contractor.
These requirements ensure that the program is open to students who are actively pursuing their education and have a genuine interest in becoming part of the MLSA community.
What are the benefits of being a Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador?
Being a Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador (MLSA) offers a range of exciting benefits:
- Engaging Community: Join a dynamic community of like-minded individuals who share your passion for technology and learning.
- Resume Enhancement: Boost your resume with the prestigious MLSA experience, showcasing your dedication and leadership skills.
- Direct Interaction: Participate in live calls with program leads for valuable insights and guidance.
- Access to Microsoft Products: Explore Microsoft 365, Visual Studio Enterprise, and more.
- MLSA Summit: Attend the exclusive MLSA Summit to network and grow both personally and professionally.
- LinkedIn Learning: Enjoy complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning to expand your skills.
- Swag Box: Receive a special swag box as a token of appreciation.
- Expert Guidance: Benefit from mentorship and advice from Microsoft experts.
- Event Opportunities: Organize and conduct events, workshops, and hackathons.
- Networking: Connect with influential personalities in the tech industry.
- Supportive Friends: Forge lasting friendships with peers who share your passion.
As an MLSA, you’ll gain valuable experiences, enhance your skills, and become part of a supportive community.
How To Apply For Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador (MLSA)
Go to studentambassadors.microsoft.com Click on “Apply now” and log in with your Microsoft Account.
Read the notification. That’ll give you information about when your application will be reviewed.
Carefully read the given information, accept the Privacy and Terms, and click on Next.
Fill out the info carefully.
Now you’re in the most important part of the application. If you’re already an MLSA, then only select the YES option otherwise select the NO option. You’ll observe that you’ll have to answer the three questions with a video or written examples. Please make sure that you have submitted at least one video. Upload it to YouTube and paste it into the box.
- Short Video (max 2 min) Demonstrating Your Passion for Technology: When crafting your short video, stay authentic and realistic. Reflect on your early encounters with technology and what drove you to dive deeper. Draw inspiration from MLSA videos on YouTube to showcase your passion and soft skills. This video is a chance to demonstrate your love for technology and impress with your communication abilities. Unleash your creativity and make a lasting impact in just two minutes.
- Written Sample on Teaching a Basic Coding Concept: Choose a specific programming topic, like variables or data types, and explain it as if you were teaching a complete beginner. This will test your mentoring skills for workshops. Additionally, provide a written sample outlining your strategies to reach the student community and attract them to attend an event. This will assess your marketing approach for publicizing the event.
In this part, you’ll have to show them your online presence. (Your social media accounts: Twitter, Github, Stackoverflow, LinkedIn, etc.)
Choose the technologies in which you want to pursue your career. You’ll see, there’s an optional section, more often people omit this but this section can also be utilized. So, utilize it to share more about yourself which will also increase the chance to get in.
Understanding the Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador Milestones
Student Ambassadors participate in various activities and actively contribute to their community, which enables them to advance through different milestones and gain additional benefits. These milestones, namely Alpha, Beta, and Gold, offer a range of exclusive advantages that become accessible as MLSAs make progress in the program.
By completing a learning path on Microsoft Learn, Student Ambassadors earn the Alpha badge. This achievement unlocks valuable benefits, including USD 150 monthly Azure credits, a Visual Studio Enterprise subscription, a StudentAmbassadors.com email address, event workshop kits, and incentives for event attendees. These rewards empower MLSAs to excel in their roles and make a positive impact on their communities.
Student Ambassadors who organize events for their fellow students in the community earn the Beta badge. In addition to the Alpha benefits, they receive swag, event support, and mentorship. These rewards further empower MLSAs to make a positive impact and enhance their role as ambassadors.
Outstanding Student Ambassadors who surpass expectations in serving their local community reach the esteemed Gold milestone. In addition to the Alpha and Beta benefits, Gold-level MLSAs enjoy program leadership opportunities, participation in pilot programs, Microsoft MVP mentorship, a potential invitation to the MVP program, and exclusive Gold swag. This recognition represents the highest level of achievement, providing MLSAs with unique opportunities to lead, learn, and be rewarded for their exceptional dedication.